Monday, June 20, 2011

Swimming in the Danube!


June 16, 2011

Today for class we met at the Kunst Museum yet again. This time we went through almost the entire floor of paintings. This is never a good thing for me since I’m sick of paintings after an hour. After the Museum, Kati and I grabbed kabobs, which I found out are not chicken but lamb… and then Megan and I went to the imperial treasury because it was required for our class. It was actually very cool to see all the imperial robes and crowns covered in jewels and gold.

After the imperial treasury I met Anna and Alyssa back at the apartment where we headed out to the Danube to lay out and go swimming. The sky looked stormy when we got there and we each received a few drips but soon enough it cleared up and we enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather. The Danube was refreshingly cool but not cold and I enjoyed getting a little exercise in when I swam up current. I was the only one who actually went swimming.

Once the sun started sinking we crossed the blue and yellow pedestrian bridge where we ate Mexican food at Rumba and Mamba. We sat down with hopes of the fahita that they had listed on their menu only to hear with disappointment that it was actually a burrito. Anyway, we each got a chicken burrito and enjoyed the happy hour special – any drink (alcoholic or not) at 4.50 €. I got Sweet Love, a non alcoholic fruity drink that was very good although a hint too much of coconut. Dinner seemed to have taken place somewhere on a coast or island, it just had a very tropical feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment