June 22, 2011
Today was a scorcher! For class we started off inside and then walked out to Karlskirche and then the museum for exam review. The spoon fed exam review actually consisted of a little review and then extra stuff that who knows if we’ll need to know. The last five minutes she spurted off a bunch of things we should know, but a lot more generally than I thought she would do. The class ended up going over our allotted time by an hour, but I didn’t mind so much because I really enjoy Karlskirche.
On the way back to the institute I stopped at Spar and again tried a ham sandwich. This time I got exactly what I was hoping for – normal ham, a leaf of lettuce and a wonderful homemade roll. I ran over to the institute to grab Anna and our forms to deregister with the police. By the time we got there I was pouring sweat so afterwards I went directly back to the institute to stay as cool as possible with internet access – I hate heat. I stayed here for a couple hours and then Anna, Alyssa and I went out to dinner. We ate at the place Anna and I had seen advertised earlier for a 7 euro all you can eat Chinese buffet. Very bad choice. Apparently you’re not able to get a cheap Chinese dinner buffet with the same quality as in the States. The food was cold and had limited choices. I was dying of thirst and the 25 mL Sprite was just not doing it for me – I had a dry glass after 2 minutes, and that was me holding back. Luckily for me, I had my water bottle along and since Sprite is clear I just filled my glass back up with water when the waitress wasn’t looking.
After dinner, Anna, Alyssa and I went and sat on the benches outside the Museums Quartier and talked for about an hour. On our way home, Anna and I took the subway the wrong direction. Even after six weeks we still go the wrong way once in a while… We got back to the apartment and I went to take a sip of water and realized that my water bottle was still sitting on the floor, next to where my backpack had been, of that sketchy Chinese restaurant! I hurried back there with the expectation that she never noticed, since the place was a pit. When I got there she knew exactly what I was talking about and pointed to under the table, where I had left it. Sigh.
Of course, since as you can see tonight is my night, on the way back to the apartment I again took the subway the wrong direction and had to get out and wait again for the other direction. Once I finally got out of the subway at our stop, Sudtiroler Platz, it was raining. What a night right? Luckily, all I had to do then was study all the material we covered for the past three weeks in art and architecture.
No comments:
Post a Comment