May 9, 2011
Less than 24 hours till I catch my flight out of GR. I leave tomorrow morning and must be at the airport no later than 10 am for my 12 o’clock flight. I fly from Grand Rapids to Detroit, Detroit to Amsterdam (and 8 hour flight) and Amsterdam to Vienna. At least I get food on the planes or I’d be crying! Haha. On the overseas flight dinner and a movie are provided and from Amsterdam to Vienna we receive breakfast. I’m not sure how happy my stomach will be with me but it’ll just have to make due.
My suitcase is more than half full and the hecticness of traveling is just beginning. Throughout the house are scattered random boxes placed in their “put away” positions until their contents may be identified and placed back in their actual correct location. However, that becomes a slight problem since their correct location would be back at Hope in our soon-to-be apartment which has just been ridden of the horrid stinky cat people. So where do I put all this stuff!?
As I look around my room, clothes thrown about in frantic search of some hidden item, no stepping room in sight or sleeping room either for that matter, I wonder how this will ever be cleaned up enough that my mom will let me board the plane. What's crazy to me is that the next time I make a post I will not be sitting in my house or in Grand Rapids, I won't even be in the country! Write later and send up some prayers for safe travel.
May 8, 2011
As I sit here trying to figure out what articles of clothing to throw in my extra large neon green suitcase another wave of worry hits me. Not only am I afraid I am going to forget a key element but planes aren’t my favorite thing. This might be due to the fact I get motion sickness on anything that moves (now including swings…) I have yet to throw up but the queasiness always hits. The worst part is that I can’t even bring the latest Janet Evanovich book to read since I breezed through the first 16 in about three weeks…
jenelle, the cat people are gone! i confirmed it...saw them moving out yesterday! moving into scott makes me miss you a lot. as i put away my stuff, i was hoping you'd walk through the door. instead, you're going to VIENNA. just remember not to puke on your neighbor.
ReplyDeletelove you. =D
you're probably in vienna as i write this... sooo jealous! miss you lots and i hope that you're having fun! :)
ReplyDelete