May 6, 2011
How is it possible to cram so much stuff into such a small space? Wait. How is it possible to take a tiny dorm room, divided into halves and still have so much stuff? My car was packed to the maximum as my mom and I rolled out of the lot today heading for home, the start of summer vacation, and into the excitement of Vienna.
Upon arriving home it appeared Christmas had come in early May - I had three packages awaiting me. The first, a fossil purse; I had looked high and low to find one that met my criteria and had found it just a week earlier. The second was a black (so I might be able to conceal my Americanism upon first glance) north face rain jacket for those dreary Vienna days. Lastly were the organic chemistry books that I had purchased upon recommendation from my soon to be professor; oh the joys of returning to the classroom…
Today is the first night I have been truly able to be excited about leaving. I had been holding it back so as not to lose focus of the last couple weeks in the classroom and through exam week. But now, with my room back to looking like a prison cell with the white concrete walls and void of our homey personal touches I am ready. I am so excited to see Europe! Everybody tells me this will be a life changing event; but, I don’t yet believe them. What I do believe is when they tell me how wonderful it is and how I am so lucky to be able to do this. I am so incredibly blessed. Not just because of this trip but because of my parents who encourage me in everything I do and my brother who I am sure I will appreciate more in the future. For my friends who encourage me and worry about me, and especially those who laugh with me.
I am most excited for the beautiful old world architecture and for the new culture that I hope to immerse myself. I am also looking forward to meeting new people and growing closer with Anna who will be my roommate for the 6 weeks in Vienna. She was in my bible study this last year and will be my co-leader in a new bible study this upcoming year. The trip I am looking forward to most would probably be the hike in the Austrian Alps because I love going on walks and experiencing God’s beauty that surrounds so on a daily basis.
i'm glad you're finally excited about leaving! you're going to have such a great time, especially opening those surprises. =D
ReplyDeletep.s. i hate the concrete prison walls. they are making me sick. =(
I'm so excited for your Vienna adventures and I'm jealous that you are leaving in like 3 days. I can't help but go online and look at England stuff and I'm starting to get impatient :)
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to see what God has in store for you during your time there and I'm looking forward to reading about your life changing experience!